This article covers : Work And Responsibility Of Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager Definition
- Work and Job Responsibilities Of Marketing Manager
- Salary Structure
- Criteria for the Marketing Manager Job
- Qualities, skills and competencies for Marketing Manager
First we have to know about sales team in Pharmaceutical Sector.
Sales team Includes:
Medical Representative (Front Line Manager)
Area Sales Manager (ASM)
Regional Sales Manager (RSM)
Zonal Sales Manager (ZSM)
Country Manager (international location) OR Deputy General Manager (DGM)
General Manager (GM)
Vice President (VP)
Marketing Manager Definition
This role of marketing manager requires full oversight of the marketing strategy, training to product management team and execution for the portfolio. marketing manager set marketing priorities and strategic promotional direction for selective brands. marketing manager build cohesive sales & marketing team .To coach & develop Product Managers / Group Product Managers for higher responsibilities. he knows measuring tools which is used for his team and have sense to make team coordination and development.
- Track and report on spend against budget for marketing campaigns. This role is supported by a central marketing ops function and additional team members who work on content, thought leadership, measurement, and tactical support.
- Experience in Salesforce and Smartsheet (or other CRM, marketing information, and project management, e-tools)
Marketing Manager Responsibilities
- observe and trap the competitor prices, campaigns, new product launch.
- ensure the good market share of the products under portfolio
- provide hands on support through field working with sales and marketing team.
- design the unique specific campaigns to take or achieve maximum market share and help to penetrate in the market.
- design the product brochures , literature and lbl etc.
- travel widely to work in field with sales and marketing team all across india or in the assigned geographical region.
- design advertisements for medical magazines, conference, journals.
- write the articles for medical magazines, conference, journals.
- newsletters for updating field persons . mention success stories and education material in news letters.
- Develope successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation and execution
- Produce valuable and engaging content for sales and marketing team.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Be in charge of marketing budget and allocate/invest funds wisely
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- inventory management for optimal product availability.
- provide and arrange product training sessions for sales and marketing team.
- always try to find new product and present project report and feasibility.
The salary of marketing manager is very handsome and even very respectable. salary of marketing manager is approximate 80000 INR per month. but it varies company to company. along with that marketing manager travel in pan india for taking meetings and some time attend the big cme’s and conferences related to pharmaceutical field and strategy development.
Criteria for the Marketing Manager Job
- Master degree in marketing or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years marketing experience, product management team.
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn and able to convince the team.
- successful track record and experience in identifying target customers and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
- Good knowledge, a sense of drugs and effects, market trend and good communication skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in pharmaceutical field.
it is the most senior position on the marketing side, in others it is much less senior. In smaller companies, this is part of a marketing director’s job. In some companies their are lower tier brand managers who report to a senior brand manager.
- A typical set of requirement include:
- Product line management
- Category management
- Brand and Category strategies
- Sales and Marketing strategies
- Budget management
- and Development
- Develop and Implement marketing plans
Qualities, skills and competencies for Marketing Manager
- Developing strategies and tactics to grab the market opportunity and increase in business of company
- He should be always able to provide healthcare solutions.
- Deploying successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation to execution
- Experimenting with a variety of data which is provided by market research companies and make planning on that and drive.
- Strong understanding of the marketing funnel and sales integration
- Understanding of, and experience with, pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical technology industries
- Strong project management and communication skills with resourceful approach to challenges
- Able to work across all levels of the organization, including with senior leadership
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take ownership of special projects
- Detail-oriented, proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Develop content strategies for select market segments within the life-sciences industry, which includes cross-platform multimedia content, outreach and media strategy
- Copy-writing and/or editing of marketing tactics and product collateral
- Coordinate design of marketing tactics and product collateralCollect and maintain up-to-date content library for data and analytics portfolio, and ensure that all marketing collateral is appropriately distributed and documented
- Define, track and report on project status, key performance indicators, results, and ROI to key project stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze competitive presence to inform marketing strategy and messaging
- Evaluating & controlling the marketing contribution for the division.
• marketing manager Improve Market Share , Rx & Rxers, Rank, Growth and new brand building so as to grow the therapy area
• Achievement of Sales & profitability targets of the division for making company growth.
• every day try Improve Specialty Coverage and Therapy Focus.
• always work on People Development & Team Building.
- Strategic Planning & Execution
- Medical Representative (Front Line Manager)
- Area Sales Manager (ASM)
- Regional Sales Manager (RSM)
- Zonal Sales Manager (ZSM)
- Country Manager (international location)
- Work And Responsibility Of Product Manager
- Questions for Pharma Interview related to body system
- Frequently asked questions for Interview related to Pharmacology
- Questions Which Is Asked In Interview
- How To Become Pharmacist In India And Career Option
- How To Start Your Own Pharma Marketing Company
- Anatomy And Physiology Of Ear, Nose And Throat
- Development of baby and stages of pregnancy
- Questioning for senior management interview
This article give some detail about the job, role and responsibilities of marketing manager. we hope this article helps you to grab the job.
if you like this article or have any query please comment or subscribe to us
you can write a mail to us
you can like our Facebook page